Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
American Municipal Power
Human Resources Generalist
Columbus, OH 43229 United States
American Municipal Power, a service provider and wholesale electric power supplier, is seeking a Human Resources Generalist. The HR Generalist will:
1. Offer first-line assistance to employees and applicants regarding general human resources employment and benefit related matters.
2. Process bi-weekly payroll using ADP software and Oracle Time. Maintains Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database.
3. Perform benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, submitting benefit enrollment/termination forms and completes follow up for transactions, coordinates invoices, and communicate benefit information to employees.
4. Track employee leave such as sick, vacation, FMLA and disability leaves. Responsible for FMLA notifications and tracking of associated paperwork.
5. Oversee AMP recruitment efforts and responsible for the management of the company career site and applicant tracking system. Responsible for recruitment to include initial sourcing, prescreening, scheduling, question development and interviewing of prospective candidates for open positions through all levels of the company. Manage flow of applicants through the company’s ATS. Responsible for communications with applicants through the web-based system.
6. Oversee the administration, liaison and coordination of the LMS. Manages the design, implementation and evaluation of programs that facilitate the professional development and continuous learning of staff. Evaluate and monitor success of training programs. Follow-up to ensure training objectives are met. Reviews evaluations of training courses, objectives, and accomplishments. Makes assessments of effectiveness of training in terms of employee accomplishments and performance. Conduct ongoing training for managers in regards to compliance with employment law regulations.
7. Develop, recommend, and implement personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures.
8. Assist with set-up, maintenance and tracking of performance evaluations and goals in the Success Factors system. Provides training to staff on the system; Works with staff to ensure that data (ie prior experience, training and skill sets) is updated and correctly recorded in the system.
9. Responsible for working with managers and staff to create, revise and update job descriptions; assists with the identification of job related competencies and skill gaps.
10. Oversee maintenance of all confidential human resource files and legally required personnel records.
11. Assist with preparation of board packets for personnel committee and maintains company organization charts.
12. Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Education, training, experience:
1. A four-year degree in business, communications or human resources is required.
2. A minimum of three (3) years of corporate human resources experience is required.
3. Knowledge of human resources processes, procedures, and documentation. PHR/SPHR certification is preferred.
4. Previous payroll processing and/or Oracle experience is required.
5. Must demonstrate excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
6. Must be able to work independently with minimum of direction.
7. Skill in database management, records maintenance, word processing and spreadsheet creation and maintenance is required.
8. Must demonstrate expertise in the use of software tools that produce items such as spreadsheets, written reports and database reports (e.g., Excel and Word).
Terms & Conditions