Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Plante & Moran, PLLC
Columbus, OH 43215 United States
If you are looking for a JOB, try another firm. We ONLY offer CAREERS.
For 15 consecutive years, Plante Moran has been recognized as one of the nation’s “100 Best Companies To Work For” by FORTUNE magazine — providing unsurpassed opportunity and an unequaled culture to talented, self-motivated individuals who have a passion to serve and a hunger to thrive. It's hard to explain what makes a great firm. We think it has to do with the people, our benefits, and the overriding culture that guides them. It's a unique balance of achievement, teamwork, caring, and an unofficial 'relatively jerk-free' policy. It makes us different. It makes us better. It helps us thrive.
Plante Moran is the 12th largest accounting and management consulting firm in the nation. Our rapid growth and increasing demands for our services has created a need for a highly motivated individual to join our Recruiting team as a Campus Recruiter in our Ohio region.
Develops relationships with campus leads, key universities, faculty, staff, students, HR staff and partners as necessary. Provides comprehensive recruiting services for select universities including managing all on campus activities/functions and interviewing/selection process. Will coordinate offer presentation and on-boarding paperwork. Works with campus support staff to achieve team initiatives and goals. Ensures internal client satisfaction with Partners and staff. Will participate in projects for the Human Resource department. Position travels regionally.
• Build relationships on campus; develops relationships with key faculty, campus staff and students
• Manage assigned university/colleges including event planning and budgeting
• Gathering competitive intelligence around recruiting programs and students
• Effectively plan and execute events and network to attract top-tier students and sell Firm; communicate uniqueness and culture of Firm; Develop strong relationships with prospective candidates; Gathering competitive intelligence around recruiting programs and students
• Utilize applicant tracking system to fullest extent; develop reports as needed
• Identify and screen candidates through phone contact and in-person interviews
• Recommend candidates to hiring managers; provide documentation/persuasion to support our conclusion
• Along with others, coordinate interviews through office visits or single interviews for hiring manager and team; supply candidate resume, interview notes, interview questions; coach on usage of applicant tracking system /legal requirements for pre-employment screening
• Initiate/perform the candidate background and reference check
• Along with others, facilitate the final candidate selection process
• Provide consultation to offices, school leads, HRGs and others regarding the salary offer; present to candidate and facilitate any ensuing negotiations if required
• Ensure all communications regarding the offer is typed, reviewed and sent
• Work with OMPs and HRGs to assign start date, buddy, partner assignment, orientation date, and other relevant information; develop related memos for staff to announce new hire
• Communicate to non-selected candidates; send out communications; decide if worthwhile for other events (expo, challenge, etc)
• Complete on-boarding paperwork upon acceptance; communicate with selected candidate during interim period prior to their start date in order to deal with counteroffers and ensure smooth assimilation
• Participate with new hire orientation and related technical training; develop and modify training materials
• Along with HRG, participate with follow up conversations to assure assimilation, gain feedback and first impressions
• Provide assistance as a campus consultant to guide school leads regarding on-campus events; including social events, networking opportunities, job fairs, on-campus interviews, mock interviews, resume clinics; may assist with pre-selects, developing and presenting presentations, interviewing, conducting exit interviews and assisting with events (intern presents, challenge, expo, etc) as requested
• Generate ideas to reach a diverse pool of candidates
•May be required to process status changes/ update staff information
• Participate with Human Resource projects; responsible for the completion of projects, including setting deadlines, executing responsibilities, and monitoring and summarizing progress of project. Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project.
• Other duties as assigned
Education, training, experience:
•Bachelors degree in Human Resources or other related business field.
• 3+ years experience as a Campus or Corporate Recruiter or College/University Outplacement Recruiter
• Professional Services experience is a plus
• SPHR or PHR is highly preferred.
The skills, knowledge and abilities that are desirable in a candidate that would enable an individual to excel in this position include:
• Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals; performs a variety of complicated tasks. Wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
• Project management skills necessary to: ?Meet project milestones
?Make decisions when required
?Communicate clear objectives
?Maintain and develop relationships with staff, Partners, and clients
?Perform against tight deadlines
?Must be detail oriented and able to multitask effectively
?Strong self-motivation balanced with a desire to achieve team goals
?Expert level skills with Microsoft Project, MS Office (especially Power Point & Excel)
• Ability to coordinate information flow with multiple sources (Management, Partnership, team, staff, etc.)
• Strong technical aptitude with a desire to understand system infrastructure
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills required to: ?Promote positive working relationships with diverse personalities/roles at all levels in the firm
?Contribute to a positive team attitude
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; demonstrate effective time management skills by completing assignments within calendar schedules
Travel & Hours
• This is an exempt position that may require some overtime during workweek.
• Qualified individuals must either reside in or near either the Columbus or Cincinnati area's OR be willing to relocate to the area for this opportunity.
• Up to 50% travel is required with this position.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
• We only accept electronic applications. Therefore, those who apply directly to a position and submit their resumes through our applicant tracking system will be considered.
• Plante Moran does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies
Terms & Conditions