Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
New Albany, OH 43054 United States
Director of Compensation
Sr. Manager, Compensation & Benefits
Great opportunity for Compensation Director overseeing Compensation, Benefits, Payroll and HRMS!
The Director, Compensation & Benefits is a leadership role which has the responsibility of setting strategy for the design, implementation, and delivery of well integrated compensation, benefits, and total rewards.
This highly collaborative executive will have responsibility for the entire company’s various compensation and benefit plans which include field and corporate compensation, executive compensation, rewards and recognition, health and wellness.
This person will focus on managing the company’s various pay programs to include performance-based short and long-term incentives with the objective of ensuring that the company’s pay practices are well developed, consistent, competitive, and effective in driving individual performance.
This executive must be a skilled professional who can understand business strategy and can influence and drive compensation programs at all levels.
The successful candidate will have a breadth of experience and exposure in the HR function, will demonstrate strong strategic planning skills, and will have presented to the Compensation Committee.
• Direct and develop the compensation, benefits, health and wellness, rewards and recognition programs.
• Develop programs that are competitive in the industry and frequently benchmark “best practices” to continue to position the Company competitively.
• Initiate change through innovative and creative thinking around Total Rewards programs and offerings based on knowledge of the industry and trend analysis.
• Develop and administer compensation programs that are equitable, competitive, and drive performance, inclusive of executive compensation.
• Develop and implement new benefits and health/wellness programs and negotiate contracts and terms with vendors.
• Direct and develop enterprise wide recognition and reward programs to drive performance and build a culture that is performance-based.
• Support the performance management process with the right compensation guidelines, guidance, and reporting.
• Design and administer the company’s executive compensation programs, including providing appropriate benchmarking and implementing an effective and efficient process to obtain required approvals and for making presentations to the compensation committee.
• Provide leadership for all SST (Store Support Team) functions for compensation planning.
• Regularly evaluate the company’s performance-based incentive plans including sales incentive programs, and where appropriate, designing and recommending changes that will make them more effective.
• Develop relationships with various consulting and outsourcing vendors while at the same time continually monitoring the cost and service quality levels of current providers.
• Provide insight and support to the development of Human Resources planning and other initiatives that tie a progressive compensation strategy directly to the overall mission of the company.
• Partner on organizational design that supports strategic objectives and works with training to ensure consistently executed rewards, training, and development programs.
• Develop and oversee strategy to maintain HRIS system including future growth and employee self-service.
• Manage and mentor team members within the HR team.
• Oversee the Payroll function and the HR Delivers call center function.
Education, training, experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources or related field.
• Minimum of 8 – 10 years of experience managing compensation and benefits, preferably in a retail or customer facing environment.
• Must have hands-on experience in compensation plan design and delivery strategies.
• Possess strong communication abilities, being able to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
• Have excellent presentation skills
• Be able to analyze data to derive conclusions and design a course of action based on facts.
• Define clear courses of action for self and team to ensure work objectives are achieved.
• Effectively manage concurrent deadlines and multiple priorities.
• Strong strategic thinking and planning skills.
• Have a broad business perspective with sound business judgment and financial acumen.
• Have well rounded Human Resources experience and skill.
• Proven track record of successful negotiating.
• Certification a PLUS! (CCP, CBP, SPHR, CEBS)
Terms & Conditions