Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
The Ohio State University
Learning and Development Coordinator
Columbus, OH 43201 United States
$40,000 - $55,000 Annually
Team Development Specialist
Learning and Development Coordinator
The Learning and Development (L&D) Coordinator position provides the unique opportunity for a learning and development professional to build and develop a training presence for the business units of the Office of Administration and Planning (A&P) from the ground up. Under the leadership of the A&P HR Directors, the L&D Coordinator will develop high quality business partnerships and practices to serve A&P units. This position will be responsible for conducting needs assessments, designing, planning, delivering/coordinating, and evaluating staff & leadership development programs. Additionally, the consultant will collaborate with and support the A&P Performance Management Consultant on coaching initiatives and other training and development opportunities. The position will collaborate with and support A&P HR Directors, A&P HR Business Partners and business units in the design and development of career pathing strategies and will be responsible for the overall coordination and administration of career related training and development programs or initiatives, including, but not limited to, the Facilities Operations & Development Apprenticeship Program.
The L&D Coordinator will be asked to foster positive working relationships, access expert advice and services and partner with A&P HR Business Partners and with OHR Consultants assigned to A&P. The position will assist A&P HR Directors & A&P HR Business Partners with the development and implementation of training & development strategies, programs and practices, consistent with the overall strategic direction, mission, vision and values of A&P and the university.
The Office of Administration & Planning (A&P) was established in spring 2009 and has brought together various units, shaping the university’s physical environment and business operations. When you park your car on campus, admire any campus landscape, buy a licensed Ohio State product, attend an event at the Fawcett Center, observe construction of a new space, print copies or order business cards, ride a campus bus, appreciate a clean facility, eat lunch at a restaurant in the South Campus Gateway, or see a concert at the Schottenstein Center, you are experiencing the work of it’s incredibly diverse workforce. Visit www.ap.osu.edu
The Learning and Development (L&D) Coordinator for A&P will report to the A&P HR Directors and collaborate with the A&P Business Partners including significant interaction with the A&P Performance Management Consultant. The L&D Coordinator and Performance Management Consultant will work in lock step to establish consistent practices between the overall formal training and informal coaching. Additionally, this individual will support the leadership teams for each of A&P’s departments in the development of training programs, and coordinate with A&P HR Generalists and Ohio State’s Office of Human Resources, specifically the Talent and Organizational Development group.
The successful candidate for this position will accomplish the following in the first 90 days:
1. Discover and understand current and ongoing training programs and begin to identify and eliminate inconsistency and redundancy;
2. Meet with HR Business Partners and establish working relationships with A&P department leadership teams;
3. Understand the organizational make up of each A&P department;
4. Maintain the existing orientation program and continue efforts to implement its use throughout the department;
5. Work with the A&P Performance Management Consultant to coordinate efforts between the day to day coaching and performance evaluations and ongoing formal training and development;
6. Perform a detailed training needs assessment for each business unit within A&P;
7. Thoroughly understand and maintain the training database.
1. Establish a framework for a comprehensive A&P orientation program and develop an implementation plan for the department;
2. Develop framework and proposal for a competency based leadership development program;
3. Establish and bolster a training and development presence for A&P;
4. Develop metrics to illustrate the effectiveness of training and development programs;
5. Identify opportunities for an improved training database for the department.
Education, training, experience:
The successful candidate for this position will have demonstrated success in several areas, including:
Bachelor’s degree in HR or business administration or equivalent of education and experience required; Master’s desired.
Emphasis on training and development throughout education and work history required
Three to five years of experience in HR required, preferably in higher education
Strong interpersonal, communication and consulting skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community required
Knowledge of university policies and procedures helpful
Training and Development certifications or specific training desired; PHR or SPHR desired
Experience using competency based models and knowledge and training in its implementation desired
Terms & Conditions