Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Delaware North Companies
Buffalo, NY 14202 United States
Delaware North Companies, Corporate office is the home of seven independent operating units, which offer worldwide capabilities from airports to national parks to gaming destinations, hotels and restaurants and unsurpassed cuisine. Please visit www.delawarenorth.com
Recommend modification of benefits plan designs to the Director of Total Rewards to ensure that programs are competitive, affordable to the employee and the company, and in compliance with legal requirements. Perform advanced financial analysis and cost-benefit analysis to determine the financial impact of benefit programs in the Delaware North business model. Manage the preparation and distribution of written and verbal information to inform employees on benefit programs and policies. Facilitate the design and development of tools to guide employees in benefit selections. Specific duties include:
• Lead the administration of employee health and welfare and retirement plans in compliance with plan documents, all applicable regulations and vendor service agreements. Develop and administer procedures in alignment with system capabilities and company policies for administration of company benefit programs. Ensure all information necessary to assist field is communicated and implemented.
• Analysis of benefits structure to evaluate financial impact of policies and programs. Based on results, recommendation of changes to policies and programs to align benefit strategies with the company’s business model and to stay competitive in the market.
• Keep abreast of all potential and existing regulations and legislation to ensure employee benefits programs are administered appropriately. Ensure appropriate controls are in place to audit and review processing of employee benefit transactions and those procedures and processes are modified as necessary to address issues.
• Lead the communication strategy for annual benefits open enrollment including managing budget and vendor relationships to provide appropriate communication tools to employees and HR field management.
Education, training, experience:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related discipline is required. Advanced degree preferred. CEBS and/or SPHR designation is strongly preferred.
• Seven or more years of hands-on experience in Benefits, ideally operating in a multi-divisional environment.
• The successful candidate will have strong business and financial acumen, solid organizational and multi-tasking skills, and superb technical skills in Benefits and HR Systems, coupled with exceptional quantitative and analytical capabilities.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and relational databases. PeopleSoft experience a plus. Excellent analytical and exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are required.
• Strong working knowledge of benefits requirements and practical knowledge of industry standards and best practices.
• Excellent analytical and exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are required.
• Strategic foresight and business acumen. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Terms & Conditions