Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
State Teachers Retirement System of Ohio
Talent Acquisition Representative, PTO
Columbus, OH 43215 United States
$46,000 - $51,000
Under the direction of the manager, Human Resource Services, achieve staffing objectives by recruiting and evaluating job candidates and communicate employment law compliance to all associates. Consult with management regarding business goals, HR services and strategies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintain a solid foundation of human resource practices and knowledge of STRS Ohio business operations to evaluate HR implications and develop strategies to align HR services with identified goals.
2. Develop recruitment strategies, meet with management to discuss needs and identify and solicit the appropriate talent for open positions. Leverage proactive and innovative sourcing techniques such as selective job boards, social media channels, formal/informal networking and attending professional events.
3. Manage and oversee the entire recruiting and interview process through the final stages inclusive of administration of pre-employment tests, background checks, offer recommendation, negotiations (if necessary) and closing/offer acceptances through the on-boarding stage.
4. Assist with new hire relocations by determining new hire requirements and working with the new hire to ensure an efficient transition.
5. Assist in facilitating the new associate orientation sessions, as needed.
6. Develop and/or maintain relationships with new and existing vendors and business partners such as, search firms, employment agencies, consultants and other niche recruiting sources as needed.
7. Monitor and comply with federal, state and local legislation affecting reporting, employees/employer relations and working conditions. Educate and advise managers of employment law regulations as necessary and consult on HR recruiting policies and procedures.
8. Maintain human resource knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
9. Lead and/or participate in project assignments, provide positive leadership and perform other human resource activities as needed. Maintain confidentiality of information.
10. Assist with other activities as requested.
Education, training, experience:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Bachelor's degree in human resources, business, or other relevant field required; PHR or SPHR certified preferred.
2. One or more years of recruiting and talent acquisition experience in a professional business environment required.
3. Proficiency in the use of applicant tracking systems, word processing and spreadsheet software and experience navigating the Internet using browser software required.
4. Proven organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to set work priorities and work effectively in an environment with competing demands.
5. Excellent oral, written communication, mathematical and problem-solving skills required.
6. Interpersonal skills necessary to deal courteously and effectively in sensitive and confidential issues by telephone, in writing, and in face-to-face contacts with the public and with associates at all levels of the system.
7. Excellent work record of attendance and punctuality; occasional evening, weekend and non-regular work hours required.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by persons assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the persons so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of associates under supervision.
Terms & Conditions