Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Ohio Wesleyan University
Student Employment Coordinator / HR Specialist
Delaware, OH 43015 United States
Ohio Wesleyan University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes a generous retirement contribution, tuition remission, health insurance and a wonderful working environment.
Ohio Wesleyan University is conducting a search for a Student Employment Coordinator to work the Human Resources and Payroll department. The Student Employment Coordinator/HR Specialist is responsible for the coordination of the student employment and payroll functions, serving as the liaison between student employees, hiring departments/supervisors, the Office of Financial Aid, and the Office of Human Resources. The Student Employment Coordinator/HR Specialist is responsible for; posting jobs, coordinating the hiring process, compensation, resolution of day-to-day matters concerning the terms and conditions of student employment, the development, recommendation, and implementation of policies, guidelines, and procedures related to student employment activities and functions, and ensuring compliance with appropriate governmental regulations, and institutional controls, and the coordination of all payroll activities for student employees. The Student Employment Coordinator/HR Specialist also provides payroll support for non-student employees as needed. This is a full-time, 12 month, exempt position.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Coordinate the placement of work-study students in the Federal Work Study and Student Employment Programs
• Develop and coordinate the use of student job posting system and job fairs, and work with departments to show benefits of posting jobs, identify and contact potential employers of students
• Communicate with supervisors and students on an on-going basis as issues arise
• Monitor and communicate with departments regarding students work study allocations
• Oversee the maintenance of accurate records and files, and prepare correspondence, reports and other written materials related to student employment activities and programs
• Monitor applicable laws and regulations regarding employment practices and make prospective employers and applicants aware of them
• Coordinate, publicize and implement special programs such as job fairs, and student employment workshops
• Enter and retrieve information using a personal or on-line computer. Perform routine and non-routine data retrieval, research, analysis, and reporting from the payroll records as requested
• Oversee the Student Employment Authorization process: receive, process, and authorize student employment authorizations (W4 forms, I-9 Immigration forms, etc.)
• Process payroll for student employees in an accurate and timely manner, and assist with the processing of non-student payroll as needed
• Provide general support and assistance to faculty and staff as needed for HR related questions and benefits.
• Act as back-up for the Payroll Manager
• Coordinate with, and provide information to the offices of Financial Aid, and International Student Services as needed
Education, training, experience:
A minimum of an Associate’s degree with 5 years of payroll experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience required. Bachelor’s degree, Certified Payroll Professional certification, ADP software experience, and experience working with student employment programs within a higher education setting are highly preferred. Prior HR generalist experience also preferred. Strong analytical ability, customer service focused, ability to meet deadlines, and highly organized. General understanding of human resources practices, and compensation management, needed. Additional requirements include strong attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills with a service orientation; ability to define problems and recommend alternative solutions; and excellent oral and written communications skills.
Interested candidates should e-mail the following to email@example.com :
1) Letter of interest (cover letter) with salary requirements, 2) Resume or Curriculum Vitae
3) The names, titles, & contact information for three professional references.
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Terms & Conditions