Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
New Albany, OH 43054 United States
Payroll Administrator position with opportunity for expanded responsibilities!
Starting date is flexible!
The Payroll Administrator is an individual contributor responsible for maintaining compliance regarding Payroll Tax and Garnishments and controls.
The Payroll Administrator will function as backup to Payroll Specialist for the operation of the Payroll processes within the PeopleSoft Human Resource Management System (HRMS) and will function as backup to Leave and Benefit administration.
Additionally, the Payroll Administrator participates in special projects.
• Functional knowledge of payroll tax and payroll compliance.
• Manage relationship with vendor for all payroll tax inquiries, reporting, and census requests.
• Responsible for correct set up of multi -state jurisdictions, federal government, and local taxing authorities.
• Maintain correct tax set up on the individual level in PeopleSoft.
• Accurate and timely set up of all garnishments in the PeopleSoft system.
• Accurate and timely response to all legal inquires and required responses.
• Functional knowledge of Benefits and Benefit Administration.
• Functional knowledge of Leave Administration.
• Maintain Payroll checklist to ensure items are paid timely.
• Reconcile General Ledger and Taxes each pay period.
• Audit, research, and resolution of cases assigned from HR Representative for all payroll related issues as needed, including determining PTO eligibility and payment.
• Execute the calculation pay-out transactions for terminated associates, including PTO per the guide and in compliance with applicable state and federal guidelines.
• Assist with year-end preparing and processing for W2 distribution.
• Work with Payroll Manager or HR partners on special projects.
Education, training, experience:
• FPC or CPP certification required.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in HR, Payroll, Tax or related business field.
• Minimum of 5+ years of payroll tax, garnishment and processing experience.
• Multi-state payroll experience.
• PeopleSoft functional experience preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Strong analytical and communication skills.
• Detail orientated with working in a fast paced environment
Terms & Conditions