Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
R.W. Setterlin Building Company
Columbus, OH 43223 United States
The HR Generalist position provides a broad range of support to the company’s objectives, strategic goals, and human resource initiatives. The position works directly with Company leaders and managers to achieve objectives, coach and counsel on how to maximize employee engagement at all levels to achieve and sustain a positive employee relations environment.
The HR Generalist will also perform diverse assignments including staffing, benefits, diversity, learning and development, performance management, organizational development, change management, training, employee relations, and other special projects as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Conduct recruitment efforts for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students, and temporary employees, working with Senior Managers.
- Analyze potential talent to bring in the company, both office and field keeping a pulse on the talent pool.
- Responsible for writing and placing advertisements and analyzing applicants.
- Maintains relationships with various construction industry recruiters.
- Routinely conducts phone interviews, administer pre-employment assessments, check references, perform background checks and screen candidates for final interview by Senior Managers.
- Prepare and present offer letters to candidates.
- Establish and implement an effective employee orientation system.
- Analyze training needs of new associates and establish training programs.
- Review rules & regulations, benefits and wage rate policies with all new hires.
- Perform benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost effectiveness, information activities program, and cash flow.
- Administer employee health, welfare and retirement plans (401K).
- Acts as a liaison between the employee & insurance provider to resolve benefit related problems and ensure effective utilization of plans.
- Ensure benefits are kept competitive & economical.
- Ensure benefits are adequately explained to associates.
- Minimize health insurance costs to associates and the company, while keeping them competitive within our industry.
Training & Development
- Develop and implement a professional development program for each associate.
- Coordinate and document training for each associate.
- Conduct training sessions quarterly (informal lunches, jobsite visits, etc.)
- Provide direction and support to further improve knowledge, skills and abilities of current associates.
- Develop, recommend, and implement personnel policies and procedures; prepare and maintain handbook on policies and procedures.
- Provides direction to associates regarding counseling through People Resources.
- Administer exit interviews and provides outplacement counseling as needed.
- Prepare and distribute quarterly newsletter to all associates.
- Monitor company morale and report problem’s to management.
Legal & Governmental Compliance
- Work with Senior Management to make certain the company complies with all federal, state and local laws.
Education, training, experience:
-Bachelor's degree in business or Human Resources discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of HR experience
- Experience with and working knowledge of HR laws, procedures and policies.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Professional Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR) Certification preferred but we are willing to support the right candidate to obtain these credentials.
Terms & Conditions