Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Allied Mineral Products, Inc.
Training and Development Coordinator
Columbus, OH 43221 United States
Education and Training Director
Education Specialist - non RN
Allied Mineral Products, Inc. is among the fastest-growing refractory manufacturers in the world. Founded over 50 years ago, we are headquartered in Columbus, Ohio which is also the location of our largest manufacturing facility. With approximately 600 employees world-wide, we have 8 plants in 6 countries and sales and service offices around the globe. Considered a leader in our industry, Allied is a great place to work and grow.
1. Develop and enhance learning and development programs designed to strengthen organizational performance and support professional growth and development
2. Create or support development of training curriculum and related training materials in a variety of areas to include leadership, safety, sales, quality, manufacturing, etc.
3. Partner with department representatives to evaluate knowledge/skill/ability gaps, determine needs, and develop training and development modules as needed.
4. In coordination with departments, determine when learning and development is not the right countermeasure. Make alternative recommendations as necessary.
5. Manage training assignments, completion and key metrics utilizing learning management system.
6. Work primarily in Columbus, but travel occasionally as needed to support other operations/employees.
7. Assist with the creation of development plans for designated employees.
8. Deliver training and instruction to employees as instructor and facilitator for some training.
9. Provide train-the-trainer instruction for employee-trainers to teach in their areas of specialization.
10. Manage on-line training modules utilization.
11. Assist in the development, implementation and administration of talent management initiatives including performance management development career pathing.
12. Coordinate outside training providers.
13. Constantly look for ways to improve the competencies of Allied employees.
Education, training, experience:
The position of Training and Development Coordinator requires a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and related prior experience. Other key requirements include superior communication and presentation skills, analytical capability, project management skills, a collaborative and flexible work style and a practical approach to problem solving. Important is the ability to work independently; knowledge and experience in adult learning; training curriculum design experience; and an ability to maintain effective partnerships.
In addition, must consent to taking a pre-employment drug screening test. It is also understood that if a job is offered, taking a physical examination and background check is a condition of beginning work. Also, it may be required that a physical examination or drug screen be taken in the future as needed to determine fitness for duty. The incumbent must abide by all company rules and regulations and set a good example for other employees.
Terms & Conditions