Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
School Employees Retirement System
Administrative Assistant – HR & Internal Communications
Columbus, OH 43215 United States
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Administrative Assistant – HR & Internal Communications, under the direction of the HR Manager, is responsible for providing customer service by answering telephones, greeting visitors, maintaining filing systems, managing calendars, preparing correspondence, performing general administrative tasks, department communications [Subject Matter Expert(SME)], and any other administrative functions needed in Internal Communications. Also responsible for assisting in special projects assigned by management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide administrative and clerical support for HR and Internal Communications, including scheduling meetings, preparing agendas, and assembling materials.
• Demonstrate commitment to providing first-class customer service, characterized by a positive attitude, respect for all people, and timely and accurate responses.
• Maintain HR email account and calendar.
• Answer telephone calls, process department’s mail, and prepare letters and documents as needed.
• Track COBRA payments and follow up with beneficiaries as needed.
• Provide recruiting support by screening resumes, scheduling interviews, sending interview regrets, and interviewing employment candidates.
• Provide backup onboarding support for new employees.
• Conduct exit interviews as needed.
• Prepare monthly and quarterly HR reports.
• File and maintain records in employee files.
• Maintain employee directory (Active Directory).
• Assist in coordination of Office Committee and other SERS events.
• Perform background, education, and certification verifications.
• Order and maintain office supplies.
• Perform various Policy Manager administration duties, including maintenance of Human Resources policies, procedures, and practices.
• Create training documents and provide training on Human Resources software and procedures.
• Support internal photography needs.
• Collect information, administer, and publish SERS’ monthly calendar of events.
• Partner with Communications to maintain the HR forms in the corporate forms library. Create and maintain various intranet pages (SharePoint).
• Review, edit, proofread, and obtain necessary approvals for all written material created for the department (internal and external) (SME).
• Establish and maintain a good working relationship with internal and external communications coordinators (SME).
• Assist with special projects.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Member/Retiree Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the needs of internal and external customers.
Integrity - Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences as appropriate;
Open Communication - Creates an environment of open, direct and proactive communication, both written and verbal. Is unafraid to communicate freely across layers of the organization.
Continuous Innovation - Encourages innovation in order to be more efficient and effective; is willing to change. Strives to improve current processes and work products.
Teamwork - Is a team player and contributes to the team’s effort; develops constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
Sociability and Networking (L2) - Socializing effortlessly with other people; at ease when approaching others or on social occasions and building relationships.
Stress Tolerance (L2) - Performing well when facing pressure because of timeframe, workload, adversity, disappointment or opposition.
Data gathering & analysis (L2) - Collecting, consolidating and correctly using relevant information; recognizing important information. Tracing possible causes of problems; searching for practical data / solutions.
Attention to detail (L1) - Taking responsibility for a thorough and detailed method of working.
Empathy (L1) - Showing interest in other peoples’ feelings, attitudes and reasoning.
Note: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and lift up to 10 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Disclaimer: This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive and the position itself is subject to change.
Education, training, experience:
Educations and Skills/Qualifications:
• Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent;
• Two or more years related experience and/or training; or
• Equivalent combination of education and experience
Terms & Conditions